Merriam-Webster dictionary defines the word “hero” as: a) a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability. b): an illustrious warrior. c) : a person admired for achievements and noble qualities. d) : one who shows great courage.
In today’s culture, we seem to be obsessed with super-heroes like Captain Marvel, Superman, Batman, and Ironman while at the same time we are missing those real people examples. We need someone with those qualities that will become heroes at home, heroes at work, heroes in the community. We have forgotten or neglected cultivating some very important, albeit intangible, character qualities that promote leadership values and personal success.
The HEROES Effect purpose is to quicken within you six leadership character qualities that will make you a HERO in the eyes of family, work and community. Learn about and begin to cultivate and apply those qualities and you will find success. These qualities will position you for influence and favor and will open doors of opportunity that were closed and sealed up tight. You can become a leader who stands out and has solutions to problems while others struggle to figure things out. Without any form of self-promotion, a hero is—well—these six qualities in action:
- H = HONOR – the highest degree of respect, mingled with awe, for the dignity and character of another person. It is the ability to defer from self-centeredness and place the attention on another without an expectation for personal gain.
- E = EXCELLENCE – Excellence is a choice; you were not born with it. Excellence means to be first in rank, above average, beyond the norm
- R = RESPONSIBILITY – The state of being the person who causes something to happen. Fulfilling a duty or task that you are required or expected to do. It is something that you should do because it is morally right. It is being willing to be held accountable for your actions.
- O = ORDER – To arrange or organize in a logical or regular way. It means peaceful or well-behaved. It is the absence of chaos, clutter and disorganization. It provides efficiency and process that brings about successful outcomes.
- E = EXPECTATION – A belief and a strong hope that something will happen or is likely to happen. It overflows with passion, excitement and encouragement. The ability to anticipate or look forward to the coming or occurrence of something. It is the mother of manifestation.
- S = SERVANTHOOD – someone who performs duties to serve the dreams and expectations of others. To comply with the commands or demands of someone other than yourself.
So, come on. Be a successful leader. Be a HERO.
Director of Education – Focus Life Institute