Watch these DEMO videos for Chapter 339
We have a solution to help your school meet the requirements for Chapter 339! Our online Chapter 339 Program is the only one of its type available.
Our all- inclusive, online, turn-key curriculum modules equip students for career readiness and workplace preparation. By putting career education and work standards into practice, our K-12 modules include the topics, activities, artifacts, “I” statements and more that address the CEW standards by producing a career portfolio and business plan for students.
Our online curriculum help students through a process for them to make quality decisions about their future education and career path. Here are the current career statistics:
- An estimated 20 to 50 percent of students enter a post-secondary education experience without declaring a major course of study. Source: Gordon
- Over 80% of students change their major course of study at least 1 to 3 times with an average cost of over $10,000 per change leading to additional debt of the college investment. Source: National Center of Education Statistics
- Over 30% of students drop out of college within the first two years. The United States has lowest college completion rate in the developed world. Source: National Student Clearinghouse and the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development
- Over 50% of students are not working a job or career in their major course of study. This is a waste of time and money if you not working in a job or career based on your time and financial investment. Source: CareerBuilder
Our PRACTICAL Curriculum Offers PERSONALIZED Development Tools That Help Prepare Students For Their Future and At the Completion of Our Program, Students Will:
- Completed Self Assessments on interest and personality: Identify their personal Strengths, inspiring Traits and Value to an organization or employer, by using our online Personalized Assessments
- Gain An Understanding of People Skills and Appreciate the Behavioral Differences of Others
- Match their Personal Behavioral Assessment with jobs in the 16 National Career Clusters
- Connect changing workplace roles to new career opportunities. Learn and participate in assessing career development opportunities and ways to identify opportunities (e.g. job shadow, internship, community service).
- Create a Career Action Plan, by setting Post-secondary Education, Career, and Personal Goals for their Career Portfolio
- Develop work habits and essential soft skills in Communication, Collaboration, Conflict Resolution, Creativity, Confidence and Character
- Learn how to Interview successfully with speaking and listening skills to secure their desired job
- Understand how to create and complete their Job Acquisition Documents including a resume, cover letter, job application, and references
- Identify specific Extracurricular Activities and Community Service opportunities
- Discover how to do a Personal Budget and understand Time Management Strategies
- Learn the Global Marketplace and how to apply Life Long Learning Strategies
- Be equipped in Workplace Values such as dependability, commitment, honor, excellence, and service
- Recognize Entrepreneurial Traits and how they match with personal traits
- Developa Business Plan using community entrepreneurship resources
- Produce a PDF or Word document of their Career Portfolio and Business Plan
The benefits for your school include:
- Save time, money and resources in building curriculum for Chapter 339
- Offers turn-key online modules that are easy to implement
- Our modules match all the requirements and activities for each grade level
- We are local, support our communities and want to equip our students to stay in our area and be productive wealth-generating citizens
- We provide video and in-school training for counselors and facilitators
- Minimal cost per student as we identify local grant funding sources (Job Partnerships) and we provide help in writing your grant application to secure funding
Our Chapter 339 development tools provide the following:
- Online E-Learning
- Personalized Profiles and Individual Sessions
- PDF’s, Personal Note Taking Ability, Career Portfolio and Business Plan
- Video Facilitator Coaching Guides and In-school Coaching
We are working with local contacts to help secure grant funding to implement the Focus Life materials within your school district to meet the requirements of Chapter 339.
Greenville Junior High School, a Blue-Ribbon School, in Greenville, PA, piloted our program in January – May 2018 with great results as noted below
Results from Blue Ribbon School
The Chapter 339 Program was implemented at Greenville Junior High in Greenville, PA, in the 8th grade beginning in January 2018. The school decided to switch from their current career program and offer the personalized program from the Focus Life Institute. The following results were achieved based on the Guidance Counselor’s outcomes.
- The personalized DISC Focus Profile helped students in developing people skills by understanding themselves and the motivations of others.
- The DISC Focus Profile results for each student was matched with careers in the 16 career clusters providing a better match than previous career profiles.
- Finding Life’s Direction materials were easy to comprehend while the students had fun understanding their behavioral differences.
- Each student created a vision statement of where they were going in life as well as set personal, professional and career goals.
- The online Finding Life’s Direction Development tool was easy to navigate, provided a section to capture personal notes and provided a summary Career Portfolio that is required as part of Chapter 339.
Our materials can be personalized to meet your specific school’s objectives and goals. You can customize your program and utilize all or part of the sessions in our development tool. Our materials will help you to discover life’s direction, develop career readiness and be prepared for the workplace.
Our online Chapter 339 Program is the only one of its type available. Please contact us for more information and to discuss how we can help your students fulfill the Chapter 339 requirement.
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Ed Turose, CEO, Focus Life Institute
To DOWNLOAD or PRINT the below pdf document, click HERE