Our Focus Life Institute Courses are focused to help colleges and universities in Recruiting, Retaining and Releasing students into their destiny and purpose in life.
- Recruit: In order to see your students stay enrolled and graduate, you must recruit the right students who have a similar cultural fit with your school.
- Retain: The national average retention rate is 72% with over 30% of students dropping out in the first two years which is costing institution’s thousands and millions of dollars.
- Release: Employers and LinkedIn continue to say that graduates lack the essential soft skills entering the workforce.
How Can The Focus Life Institute Help You in These Three Main Areas:
Our online courses include practical instruments and teaching materials designed to produce participant movement towards attainable goals. In addition, we offer individualized resource tools providing specific feedback and immediately usable outcomes which are motivational and strategically applicable to the participant life circumstances. We have developed two specific curriculum programs to help retain freshmen coming in and prepare seniors for the workplace going out.
Focus Forward – Freshmen, At Risk Students and Athletes
- Provides a tailor-made personalized ONLINE program based on the students individual behavioral style
- Create a personal VISION statement for their future
- Understand their PERSONALITY style and the differences in others
- Discover their PASSIONS and areas of extracurricular activities
- Find their PLACEMENT in vocational spheres to impact and influence society
- Craft a career PATH matching their personality with jobs in the 16 career clusters
- Understand their PURPOSE why you exist
- Uncover their POSSIBILITIES in life and reduce distractions
- Establish their focus on PEAK PERFORMANCE by setting career, education and personal goals
- Learn how to be a SERVANT to others
- Understand their ASSIGNMENT, fulfill their DESTINY, achieve their PURPOSE and become a CHANGE-AGENT to positively influence society!
The Workplace Preparation Program – Seniors Graduating Entering the Workforce
- Complete a personalized DISC Behavioral self-assessment and discovered their personal characteristics, inspiring traits, value to the team, and ideal environment.
- Gain an understanding of the different behavioral styles and the motivations of others to communicate more effectively.
- Recognize their personal growth and development areas and learned how to adapt their personal behavior style in the workplace environment with different styles by blending and getting in sync with others.
- Gain an understanding of essential soft skills by improving the areas of communication, collaboration and conflict resolution.
- Identified their behavioral strengths in creativity, confidence and how to protect their character.
- Gain an understanding of the behavioral interview and how to be prepared with the STAR technique (Situation, Tasks, Action and Results)
- Identify how to make better decisions and solve problems in the area of critical thinking skills