IMPORTANT: Before you begin your course sessions below, you will need to download and save the attached Focus Life Institute interactive document that you will be using to answer the questions within this course. This document will provide you with a complete portfolio of this course that can be used as a personal reference, a discussion with others or can be handed in as an assignment based on your specific circumstances. Please make sure you remember where you saved your document and keep it open as you will be filling the document out after each individual session in this course.
Please download the interactive PDF document below.
Below is a copy of HEROES Effect book
Introduction: 9th – 12th Grade
This development tool was designed for high school students to help them through a process to make quality decisions about their future education, career path and to be prepared for the workplace. The Career Ready and Workplace Preparation course provides an online personalized experience for high school students that provides training in social-emotional learning support, career readiness, and transition to work or post-secondary education.
According to a YouthTruth Student Survey:
- 55% of students do not feel positively about their college and career readiness
- 87% of students surveyed said they want to go to college, while only 2.8% do not, and 10% percent aren’t sure
- 71% percent of students said they expect to go to a two- or four-year college. students, only
The current career statistics reflect an ongoing concern about career readiness.
- An estimated 20 to 50 percent of students enter a post-secondary education experience without declaring a major course of study. Source: Gordon
- Over 80% of students change their major course of study at least 1 to 3 times with an average cost of over $10,000 per change leading to additional debt of the college investment. Source: National Center of Education Statistics
- Over 30% of students drop out of college within the first two years. The United States has lowest college completion rate in the developed world. Source: National Student Clearinghouse and the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development
- Over 50% of students are not working a job or career in their major course of study. This is a waste of time and money if you not working in a job or career based on your time and financial investment. Source: CareerBuilder
The Focus Life Institute team with their combined education and Fortune 500 management expertise have developed an online, practical, and personalized course that has been administered in schools, colleges and businesses.
The purpose of the online Focus Life Institute is to empower, equip and prepare students in the following areas for grades 9-12:
Career and Workplace Preparation Course Grades 9-12
|1||Personality – Identifying Your Behavioral Style and the Motivations of Others|
|2||Behavioral Flexibility and Adaptability – Blending and Connecting With Others|
|3||Behavioral Leadership and Occupational Characteristics|
|4||Identifying DISC and General Occupations|
|5||Matching Behavior With Occupations in the 16 Career Clusters|
|6||How to Gain Workplace Preparation|
|7||Identifying Your Passion Areas|
|8||Creating a Personal Vision for Your Life|
|10||Peak Performance Setting Goals – Educational, Career and Personal Goals|
|11||Introduction to Soft Skills – What Employers Are Requiring|
|12||Communication – Improving Interaction With Others|
|13||Collaboration – Working Better in Teams|
|14||Conflict Resolution – How to Reduce and Overcome Conflict|
|15||Confidence – Building Self Esteem|
|16||Creativity – Identifying Your Creative Abilities|
|17||Character – Protecting Your Future|
|19||Critical Thinking Skills Problem Solving – Learn How to Solve Problems|
|20||Critical Thinking Skills Decision-Making – Discover How to Make Quality Decisions|
|21||HEROES Character Development, Profile and e-book|
|22||Operating in Honor and Excellence|
|23||Understanding Responsibility and Order|
|24||Living in Expectation and Servanthood|
|25||How to Interview Overview|
|26||Understanding the Behavioral Interview|
|27||Mock Interview With Role Playing|
|29||Job Acquisition Overview and Application|
|30||Time Management – Managing Your Time|
|31||Basic Budgeting Principles|
|33||Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs|
|34||Basic Components of a Business Plan|
|35||Insights for Success – Innovation, Concepts, Execution and Solutions|
Let’s begin our journey by getting you career-ready and workplace-prepared for your future. And remember, your focus determines your future!
Please fill out the contact form below for more information on pricing for our online course.