Finding Life’s Direction
Are You Prepared for Your Future?
Do You Have a Clear Focused Direction for Your Life?
We Have the Solution for You To Focus On Your Future!
I would like to introduce you to our Finding Life’s Direction e-course that will help you prepare and get focused on your future. We have heard through many post-secondary educational experts’ that students are not prepared for college, university or post-secondary education.
The statistics and research prove that out as follows:
- An estimated 20 to 50 percent of students enter a post-secondary education experience without declaring a major course of study. Source: Gordon
- Over 80% of students change their major course of study at least 1 to 3 times with an average cost of over $10,000 per change leading to additional debt of the college investment. Source: National Center of Education Statistics
- Over 30% of students drop out of college within the first two years. The United States has lowest college completion rate in the developed world. Source: National Student Clearinghouse and the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development
- Over 50% of students are not working a job or career in their major course of study. This is a waste of time and money if you are not working in a job or career based on your time and financial investment. Source: CareerBuilder
- Finally, for over the past 20 years, employers continue to say that graduates coming out of college, university or technical schools continued to lack the soft skills to be able to be successful within their company or organization. Source: PayScale
This is a reason why we created the Focus Life Institute. Our purpose is to empower, equip and prepare you to become focused on your personal assignment and purpose in life to impact, transform and positively influence society! Our materials will help you to discover life’s direction, develop career readiness and be prepared for the workplace.
The Benefits of Focus Finding Life’s Direction are as follows:
- Provides a tailor-made ONLINE program based on your individual behavioral style
- Training includes videos, PDF’s and ONLINE Note Taking to capture results
- Helps you create a personal VISION statement for your life
- Provides an understanding of your personal PERSONALITY style and the differences in others
- Discovers your PASSIONS and areas of extracurricular activities
- Crafts a career PATH matching your personality with jobs in career clusters
- Establish your focus on PEAK PERFORMANCE by setting career, personal and educational goals
Want More Details of the Course?
Recap of Each Section of Finding Life’s Direction
Vision: We begin our process by helping you create a personal vision statement for your life. Vision is where you were going in life. Many young people are simply saying “I don’t know” when it comes to what they want to be when they grow up, a new study shows. Research says that a majority of youths are found to lack a direction in life. When I get around young people and I begin to ask them what they’re going to do with their life, many shrug their shoulders and say I have no clue. Once you begin the process of the Finding Life’s Direction course, you will be able to create and focus on your own personal vision statement.
Personality: The second area of focus is that of gaining an understanding of your personal personality or behavioral style as well as understanding the motivations of others. This is information is very valuable as you enter your career path. What makes our courses unique is that they are based on your individual behavioral style and not something that is generalized like most other courses.
Once you take the focus behavioral profile and identify your personal style it will provide you with a complete understanding of your:
- general personality characteristics
- inspiring traits and qualities
- ideal environment to attain greater levels of success
- value and significance to an organization or team
- personal development areas for you grow and progress in
Passion: Our next area of focus is that to identify your passions. When people have passion about some specific area in their life they will produce more creativity then stress. What motivates you the most? What gets you fired up? We will help you with identify your personal passions areas in life and also provide you with over 100 extracurricular activities that are part of your passion. You can review these extracurricular activity opportunities within your own sphere of influence so that you can utilize these activities on your college application or in your interview for a job in your future.
Profession: Discovering a Career Profession by matching your focus personality style with specific occupations in the 16 Career Clusters and Tech Prep (2 Year Degrees) that helps save time and money in a career choice. In addition, it offers ways to gain real world experience so you can secure that perfect job.
According to YouthTruth, only 1/3 of individuals used counseling for help on future career possibilities. That leaves over 66% not prepared for a career-ready course of study. We want to help you identify a clear, concise career pathway based on matching your personal behavioral profile results with actual jobs in the 16 Career Clusters plus we have included Tech Prep or two-year degrees.
purpose, we are attempting to intersect your natural gifts and passion with a sphere of influence you feel called to and help you create a strategic path for the development of skills and education which best allow your career choices to align.
Within each of the career clusters, we provide the following:
- explanation of the career cluster
- the skill sets and abilities needed within that cluster
- a list of specific occupations in the cluster that match your focus behavioral style. After you have gone through each of the 16 career clusters and tech prep, you will be asked to choose at least three clusters and at least three careers within each of those clusters. You will then take that information and go on to a government website to identify those specific jobs that match your behavioral style.
- you can then choose your career path based on your passions, your vocational sphere of influence and now matching your behavior with occupations in the career clusters including tech prep. One final area we added in the planning section was how to gain real world experience. We offer suggestions such as internship, externships, cooperative education, volunteering, field study, and leadership involvement.
Peak Performance: Our next session is that entitled peak performance which is sustain excellence in execution of objectives and the achievement of goals. We help you set personal, career and educational goals for your future.
Summary Recap: The course comes with an interactive PDF to capture all your results preparing a personalized Career Portfolio that can be shared and reviewed with a counselor or college or tech school. This course will save you time and money as you get focused on Finding Life’s Direction!