CRWP – Grade 9th – 12th – Faith Based
This development tool was designed for high school students to help them through a process to make quality decisions about their future education, career path and to be prepared for the workplace.
The Career Ready and Workplace Preparation course provides an online personalized experience for high school students that provides training on key topics, activities, “I” statements and artifacts.
According to a YouthTruth Student Survey:
- 55% of students do not feel positively about their college and career readiness
- 87% of students surveyed said they want to go to college, while only 2.8% do not, and 10% percent aren’t sure
- 71% percent of students said they expect to go to a two- or four-year college. students, only
Listed below are statistics on high school students in terms of advancing into secondary education. These statistics will provide you with educational information from students who have graduated high school and moved on to a post-secondary education position.
High School Statistics (2017)
- 66% of high school students were bound to college
- 64% are bound to a 2-year or 4-Year College or University
- Student Breakdown of PA students 25 years or younger
- 36% have attained a High School or GED
- 29% have attained a bachelor’s degree or higher
- 24% have attained an Associate Degree or some college
- 9.5% less than high school
- 1.5% no schooling
- Higher Education Attainment in Degrees
- 47% Bachelors Degree
- 22% Masters Degree
- 22% Associates Degree
- 5% Professional School Degree
- 4% Doctorate Degree
- Bachelors Degrees Field of Study
- 34% Science and Engineering
- 22% Arts, Humanities, other
- 19% Business
- 15% Education
- 10% Science and Engineering Related
No matter what area of secondary education you choose to follow, this course is designed for you to be career-ready and workplace-prepared. Each student will be equipped in the four focus areas:
- Career Awareness and Preparation
- Career Acquisition
- Career Retention and Advancement
Each student will have the opportunity for online note taking as well as creating a summary portfolio.
The current career statistics reflect an ongoing concern about career readiness.
- An estimated 20 to 50 percent of students enter a post-secondary education experience without declaring a major course of study. Source: Gordon
- Over 80% of students change their major course of study at least 1 to 3 times with an average cost of over $10,000 per change leading to additional debt of the college investment. Source: National Center of Education Statistics
- Over 30% of students drop out of college within the first two years. The United States has lowest college completion rate in the developed world. Source: National Student Clearinghouse and the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development
- Over 50% of students are not working a job or career in their major course of study. This is a waste of time and money if you not working in a job or career based on your time and financial investment. Source: CareerBuilder
The Focus Life Institute team with their combined education and Fortune 500 management expertise have developed an online, practical, and personalized course that has been administered in schools, colleges and businesses.
The purpose of the online Focus Life Institute is to empower, equip and prepare students in the following areas:
- Identify your personalized behavioral style while gaining an understanding of self and others.
- Craft a career path by matching your personal behavioral style to jobs in the 16 National Career Clusters.
- Discover and research specific jobs that relate to your behavior and interests.
- Identify passion areas and extracurricular activities that can help you in your future.
- Set career, educational, and personal goals to help you stay focused on your future.
- Provide training in essential soft skills that employers are demanding such as communication, collaboration, conflict resolution, confidence, creativity and character.
- Pinpoint values that can help you advance in the workplace such as The HEROES Effect. The acronym for HEROES is H – Honor, E – Excellence, R – Responsibility, O – Order, E – Expectation and S – Servanthood.
- Create a career portfolio based on Chapter 339, that will combine your profiles, activities, and “I” statements in one document that can be utilized as you apply for post-secondary education or training.
Let’s begin our journey by getting you career-ready and workplace-prepared for your future. And remember, your focus determines your future!
Please fill out the contact form below for more information on pricing for our Chapter 339 online program.