CRWP – Grade 6th – 8th
Introduction: 6th – 8th Grade
DOWNLOAD PDF BROCHURE
This development tool was designed for junior high and middle school students to help them through a process to make quality decisions about their future education, career path and to be prepared for the workplace. The Career Ready and Workplace Preparation course provides an online personalized experience for high school students that provides training in social-emotional learning support, career readiness, and transition to work or post-secondary education.
According to a YouthTruth Student Survey:
- 55% of students do not feel positively about their college and career readiness
- 87% of students surveyed said they want to go to college, while only 2.8% do not, and 10% percent aren’t sure
- 71% percent of students said they expect to go to a two- or four-year college. students, only
The current career statistics reflect an ongoing concern about career readiness.
- An estimated 20 to 50 percent of students enter a post-secondary education experience without declaring a major course of study. Source: Gordon
- Over 80% of students change their major course of study at least 1 to 3 times with an average cost of over $10,000 per change leading to additional debt of the college investment. Source: National Center of Education Statistics
- Over 30% of students drop out of college within the first two years. The United States has lowest college completion rate in the developed world. Source: National Student Clearinghouse and the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development
- Over 50% of students are not working a job or career in their major course of study. This is a waste of time and money if you not working in a job or career based on your time and financial investment. Source: CareerBuilder
The Focus Life Institute team with their combined education and Fortune 500 management expertise have developed an online, practical, and personalized course that has been administered in schools, colleges and businesses.
The purpose of the online Focus Life Institute is to empower, equip and prepare students in the following areas for grades 9-12:
Career and Workplace Preparation Course Grades 6-8th
|1||Understanding Personality Styles|
|4||How to Connect With Others|
|7||My Personality Matching With Career Clusters|
|8||Researching My Career Choices|
|10||How To Gain Experience|
|11||Identifying My Passion|
|12||Creating a Vision Statement|
|17||Creating a Budget|
|19||Why Soft Skills|
|20||How to Improve Communication|
|21||How to Collaborate With Others|
|22||How to Reduce Conflict|
|23||How to Build Confidence|
|24||Understanding Your Creativity|
|25||How to Protect Your Character|
|26||How to Solve Problems|
|28||How To Make Decisions|
|29||How to be a HERO|
|30||What is Honor and Excellence|
|31||Taking Responsibility and Order|
|32||Expect Attitude and Serving Others|
|33||Are You An Entrepreneur|
|34||Traits of Entrepreneurs|
Let’s begin our journey by getting you career-ready and workplace-prepared for your future. And remember, your focus determines your future!
Please fill out the contact form below for more information on pricing for our online course.