The Workplace Preparation Program was created to help PREPARE students for the workplace by providing training that employers are desiring. Ed Turose, a Manager and Trainer for over 27 years with The Coca-Cola Company offers his expertise in providing what employers are seeking in developing and improving the skills needed to compete and advance in the workplace.
According to LinkedIn’s “Workplace Learning Report”
• Soft skills are the No. 1 priority for talent development.
• Hiring managers indicated their company’s productivity was limited due to a lack of candidates’ soft skills.
• “The No. 1 problem with todays’s young workforce is the soft skills gap”
• Soft skills are the key to individuals success in the workplace and are a competitive differentiator in the marketplace.
The Workplace Preparation programs includes the following:
• Gain an understand of self and how to identify the motivations of others.
• Learn how to adapt, blend and connect your personal behavior in response to changes in the workplace environment.
• Be equipped in being flexible to “get in sync” with others by providing with the behavioral tactics and methods to be incorporated into your professional and personal life.
Essential Soft Skills:
• Acquire the soft skills training in the following six core competencies: (1) Communication (2) Collaboration (3) Conflict Resolution (4) Confidence (5) Creativity and (6) Character.
• Discover how to be effective in connecting with others using YOUR personalized behavioral strategies in the top essential soft skills.
• Govern your time management schedule with personalized behavioral tactics.
• Understand the behavioral interviewing process to secure your desired job.
• Rise above your competition and learn how to adapt, blend and connect to get in sync with the interviewer.
• Utilize the S.T.A.R. technique to close the deal in securing the best job for your future.
Critical Thinking Skills:
• Utilize your personal behavioral style in skillfully conceptualizing and analyzing workplace problems.
• Understand how you can make the best quality decisions and reasonable judgments.
• Discover how to be a top problem solver providing solutions in the workplace.
HEROES Leadership Principles – Values and Character Development: Values are defined as person’s principles or standards of behavior. We have lost many values in our society however, employers are looking to hire and promote those individuals that have a high value system. In this lesson, we will review and define The H.E.R.O.E.S. Effect which provides instructions of how to apply the values of:
H – Honor
E – Excellence
R – Responsibility
O – Order
E – Expectation
S – Servanthood
These are lacking in the workplace to motivate employees to go beyond what they are asked to do and increasing productivity, efficiency and profitability. Included is the e-book the HEROES EFFECT.
The Power of Focus
• Gain an understanding of the power of focus to achieve your personal goals and objectives.
• Learn how to identify and overcome personal distractions with strategies to stay focused.
• Crete your own personal focused environment and discover how to focus your energy and effort to achieve personal fulfillment.
• Discover more about yourself through your Unique Profile.
• Identify your vocational sphere of influence
• Gain an understanding of basic entrepreneurship and the qualities of successful entrepreneurs
• Uncover the personal characteristics and specific behaviors of unstoppable entrepreneurs
• Acquire the basic components of a business plan and gain insights for success for Innovation, Concepts, Execution, and Solutions
• Create a personal vision for your own business
• How to start your new business